Flexible Work environments available – Due to Covid-19 we have issued flexible work environments. The office is open to work at with Social Distancing in place, but we also have the ability for our employees to work remotely.
Computer Services Unlimited, Inc. (CSU) is a Full-Service Technology Solutions Provider. We specialize in IT consulting, Managed IT Services, Web Development and more!
We are currently seeking an experienced VMware Administrator to join our growing team to help support the technology needs of our clients in Baltimore and surrounding areas.
CSU was founded in 2004 to fill an ever-growing demand for cost-effective IT solutions that enable small and mid-sized businesses to operate at the level of a large corporation with a dedicated IT department.
The role of VMware Administrator requires an exceptional individual who possesses the ability to support both the human and technical sides of technology. This position will rely on excellent client customer service, problem solving, and communication skills to provide helpdesk support to resolve most day-to-day issues. This role requires a strong technical aptitude, ability to work well on a team, capable of working proactively, and on your own initiative in carrying out day-to-day responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
VMware administrator responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware vSphere environments via vCenter and ESXi
- Configure, maintain and monitor VMware Horizon infrastructures
- Demonstrate capabilities with vSphere storage provisioning, resource pools, host profiles
- Provide permanent solutions to clients by effectively diagnosing issues; e.g. gathering details of the root cause to prevent reoccurrence, or when necessary escalate reoccurring issues to other CSU staff to work towards a permanent solution
- Properly update tickets with status, progress and detailed resolution steps and account for time allocated to each ticket
- Good technical support skills to assist and troubleshoot non-technical users on a variety of operating systems, hardware, devices, software and environments
Qualifications, Job Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5+ years of IT support experience performing vCenter, vSphere, network support, server support, troubleshooting, and computer maintenance
- VMware VCP-DCV Certificate Preferred or Demonstrated experience in VMware vCenter
- Experience in VMware Horizon VDI platform preferred
- MSP Experience is a plus but not required
- Valid Maryland Driver’s License
- Strong knowledge of Windows client operating systems and standard office applications
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, Outlook, web-based applications, etc.; Experience with Office 365
- Proficient with a range of diagnostic utilities, including various Remote Management / Monitoring (RMM) applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language
- Demonstrated success with providing support and problem resolution with unfamiliar systems, software and hardware and a passion for solving problems long-term
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service, demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate, and present ideas in user-friendly language to both technical and non-technical clients and staff as needed
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of technical issues as required
- Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong work ethic focused on providing a positive customer experience
- Proficiency with any of the following is a big plus: Linux, VMware NSX, Autotask, LogMeIn, Office 365, Datto Backup Systems, SonicWALL Firewalls, Email and Server Migrations
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits package
- Paid time off and holidays
- Great office location in Owings Mills, MD full of amenities and convenient access to surrounding areas
For consideration, please use this link to apply:
Or email your resume and salary requirements to Kevin Spargo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Services Unlimited, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time